The International Pediatric Nephrology Association Global Renal Replacement Therapy Registry (IPNA Global RRT Registry) respects the privacy of its website users, in particular their rights regarding the (automatic) processing of personal data. We have therefore formulated and implemented a policy on complete transparency with our users regarding the processing of personal data, its purpose(s) and the possibilities to exercise your legal rights in the best possible way.
Art 1. – Definitions
- Website (hereinafter: “Website”): ipna-registry.org
- Party responsible for processing personal data (hereinafter: “the controller”):
IPNA Global RRT Registry, established at the Heidelberg University Hospital, Im Neuenheimer Feld 672 , 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
- User: someone visiting / using the website.
- Data subject: an identifiable natural person.
Art 2. – Access to website
Access and use of the website are strictly personal. The user will refrain from using the data and information on this website for their own commercial, political or advertising purpose, unless there is written permission of the controller.
Art 3. – Website content
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations, images, and all applications that can be used to operate this website and more generally all the components used on this website, are protected by the laws on intellectual property. Any reproduction, repetition, use or modification, by any means whatsoever, of all or just part of it, without prior written permission of the controller is strictly prohibited. The fact that the controller may not take immediate action against any infringement, cannot be considered as a tacit consent, nor a waiver of any right to prosecute the infringing party.
Art 4. – Management of the website
For the purpose of management of the site, the controller m ay at any time:
- Suspend, interrupt, reduce or decline access to the website for a particular (category of) user(s).
- Delete information that may disrupt the functioning of the website or conflicts with national or international laws.
- Make the website temporarily unavailable in order to perform updates.
Art 5. – Responsibilities
- The controller is not liable for any failure, disturbances, difficulties or interruptions in the functioning of the website, causing the (temporary) inaccessibility of the website or any of its functionalities. The user is responsible for the way he/she seeks connection to our website. The user needs to take all the steps to protect his/her equipment and data against hazards such as virus attacks on the Internet.
- The controller is not liable for any legal proceedings taken against the user because of the use of the website or services accessible via the internet
- The controller is not liable for any damages that incur to the user or third parties, as a result of their connection or use of the website and the user will refrain from any subsequent (legal) action against the controller.
- If the controller is involved in a dispute because of the user’s (ab)use of this website, he is entitled to (re)claim all subsequent damages from the user.
Art. 6 – Collection of data
- Personal user data will be collected by the IPNA Global RRT Registry.
- Personal user data means any information relating to an identifiable natural person (‘data subject’).
- An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- The personal data that are collected on the website are used mainly by the collector in order to maintain a relationship with the user. They are recorded in an (electronic) register.
Art. 7 – Rights regarding information
- Pursuant to article 13 paragraph 2 sub b GDPR each data subject has the right to information on and access to, and rectification, erasure and restriction of processing of his personal data, as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability.
- The user can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Within one month of the submitted request, the user will receive an answer from us. Depending on the complexity and the number of the requests this period may be extended to two months.
Art. 8 – Legal obligations
- If any information is necessary in order to obtain access to certain features of the website, the controller will indicate the mandatory nature of this information when requesting these data.
Art 9. - Data retention
The collected data are used and retained for the duration determined by law.
Art 10. – Cookies
2. We use the following cookies on our website:
- Functional cookies: like session and login cookies to collect session and log-in information.
- Anonymized analytic cookies: to obtain information regarding the visits to our website.
3. We collect the following variables in our log files: IP-Address, Date/Time, requested page, browser information. In this way we can adjust our communication and information to the needs of our visitors.
Art 11. – Applicable law
These conditions are governed by the German law. The court in the district where the collector has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception applies.
Art 12. – Contact
For questions, information about the website itself or the organization, please contact:
Heidelberg University Hospital
Im Neuenheimer Feld 672